Tuesday, February 16, 2010

One of the best things that happened to me was when Jackie and Nancy (her mom) tried to convince me to join Facebook. Not for me I replied adamently ... I prefer e-mail. Can an old dog be taught new tricks? You betcha. First thing I do after getting up in the morning is turn on the computer and wireless and call up Facebook. Gotta see the latest antics of my grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I think I have gotten to know my grandchildren so much better, though I do refrain from making comments on their page. (boy, is that hard) I do not feel that the miles separate us anymore, and they do know they have a grandmother that is interested in them.
Ya, Ross, I knew about that beer party you had when your mom was in Greece ... just hoped you cleaned up the house afterward. Michal, your photos are tremendous ... and I loved reading your blog ... by the way, did you notice, I used your "Storytime with Grandma" suggestion as a title for my blog. More doors open for me through my grandchildren like doing a blog after seeing Michals. Okay, Allison ... be sure to tell me all about Marti Gras. Stephanie, I promise I will post old family pictures with stories ... now all your cousins can share in their heritage with you. Andrew, what took you to Hartland? Wasn't that swimming pool a lot of fun to play in? Ross would not remember as he was just a toddler at the time. If you haven't caught Nacole on MySpace, it is worth the time to find the page featuring her and the band. (You can ask her for the URL) By now, Sam, Cheri and kiddies are in cold, cold, Ohio. Two years will be a long time.

Kenna will be off Las Vegas with her Dad and Wanda to celebrate her 21st birthday. And it looks like David is really into the zoo thing on Facebook. Grandpa and I are looking forward to a visit from Hannah, Caleb and Noah in July. I don't think I have missed anyone in this introductory blog. Thanks for your encouragement and interest.

3 comments:

  1. woo hoo - go grandma! Glad you're enjoying facebook! hmm, looks like you didn't catch any of my wild antics on facebook :-P sweet, I'm off the hook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma, I think this is an awesome way for us all to stay connected with you, and each other. I picture all us grandkids sitting on the living room floor while you tell stories, like we're in elementary school, only all grown up. :-)

    ReplyDelete